Friday 8 October 2010

Do you want the good news or the bad news?


I’ve decided that it might be better for my peace of mind simply to ignore health news sometimes.  Not that I watch TV - ever. However, being gainfully employed on the Internet every working day, it’s hard to escape the odd BBC news item that pops up during research for my many copywriting assignments. Which was why, during my 7th consecutive hour of sedentary endeavour yesterday, I sprang to my feet on reading an item with sinister implications for my mortality. It was a report which concluded that women who sit for over six hours per day at work were almost a third more likely to bop their clogs than their counterparts who spend under 3 hours a days sitting on their bahoochies (quaint Scots word for the good old gluteus maximus). Excellent! So it would appear that my humble attempts to earn an honest crust from the craft of copywriting are slowly reducing my life expectancy (though hopefully not that of my poor readers...).

F

No comments:

Post a Comment